Easy Sautéed Green Beans
Green beans – I know, I know, not too exciting. I have to tell you though, this is my favorite veggie side dish. And we all need good side dishes in our repertoire. I know a lot of people are fans of the traditional green bean casserole this time of year, but I just can’t do it. I do love the crispy onion topping, but that’s about it. I tend to prefer my veggies as plain as possible. Just a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. They don’t need much. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love all things cheesy, but when it comes to veggies, I like them more plain and not soaked in cream or cheese. I also prefer my side dishes to be as quick as possible and these green beans fit the bill!
These sautéed green beans go with pretty much any dinner, but also work well for the holidays. I served them as a veggie side for Thanksgiving. I like adding almonds for added crunch and plus it makes them feel a little more special. I also sometimes like to throw in a splash of white wine for added flavor. Veggies can be special too!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- splash white wine (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the green beans and garlic and saute until the green beans are just tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the almonds, the remaining olive oil and wine (if using), and some salt and pepper and saute for another few minutes until the green beans are crisp tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g