Easy Peanut Noodles
I’ve been craving peanut noodles and Pad Thai lately, but since we are trying to limit take out, I whipped up my own and these Easy Peanut Noodles hit the spot!
I used linguine because that is what I had in my pantry. If you have rice noodles, you can use those. Spaghetti also will work. Basically, any long-cut noodle you can get your hands on!
I added red and green bell peppers. You can add other veggies like broccoli and peas too. If you want to make these to be a more substantial meal, add protein like shrimp, beef, or chicken (or even tofu)!
For the sauce, you will need natural creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, a bit of hot water, and rice vinegar. Using hot water when you mix the sauce helps the peanut butter melt easier. I didn’t add any thickeners as the peanut butter made the sauce thick enough. If it seems too thick, you can add more water.
I didn’t have any on hand, but a few teaspoons of sriacha would also be yummy if you like a bit of heat!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta according package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced bell peppers and saute for about 7 minutes until tender.
- In a bowl, add the peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and water. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Once the pasta is done, add the sauce to the skillet over medium heat with the peppers. Add in the cooked pasta and toss to coat in the sauce. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve. Top each bowl with some chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 718mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g