Easy Berry Tart
Happy Monday, friends! I have some news to share with you today – We are moving to California next month! I’ve accepted a project scientist position in Orange County and we are so excited! We will be super close to my husband’s family and lots of our friends. It will be so nice to be close to loved ones again. And, although I have enjoyed our time in Phoenix, I can’t wait to get away from this ridiculous heat!
So, moving always means cleaning things out. I discovered some puff pastry in my freezer, bags of shredded coconut and nuts in my pantry, and had some berries that needed to be used up so I made this super simple berry tart! And how perfect would it be for the 4th of July next week? It’s light and not overly sweet. Such a great summer dessert!
I first baked the puff pastry until golden and then topped it with a tasty cream cheese and whipped cream topping. Then, I piled on lots of fresh strawberries and blueberries, toasted coconut, and almonds! This tart definitely has a fruit pizza vibe going on and I’m totally okay with that! It came together really quickly and was so super yummy! You can really customize this tart however you want. Any combination of fresh berries works. You can take or leave the coconut and almonds if that’s not your thing. You can’t go wrong with this dessert!
Easy Berry Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- flour (for dusting counter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- approx. 1 1/2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Lightly dust clean counter or surface with flour. Roll the puff pastry sheet out to about 9×11 inch rectangle. Place the puff pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the beaten egg over the puff pastry. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the puff pastry is golden and puffed. Gently push down on the puff pastry to flatten slightly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, whipped topping, and the vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixter until well-combined. Spread the mixture over the top of the puff pastry, leaving about 1/2-inch exposed around the edges.
- Arrange the berries over the top of the cream cheese topping.
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the shredded coconut and almonds. Cook for about 3 minutes until the coconut is golden and the almonds are lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the berries. Slice and serve.