Whoa! Two sweet posts in a row! Kind of crazy for me, but I’m sure y’all aren’t gonna complain about it! I finally got an ice cream maker for Christmas from my Mom and have been dying to use it! While I do love me some ice cream, Hubs and I usually opt for frozen yogurt so I knew I wanted to do yogurt and then I figured that since this was my first attempt at making it, I would start simple!
This dark chocolate frozen yogurt is SO decadent and delicious! Definitely very rich. A little goes a long way here! In fact, next time I might add a little less of the cocoa powder. But, best of all, this frozen yogurt is low in fat and was pretty simple to make! I can’t wait to make more yummy frozen treats!
Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Adapted from All Recipes
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 tbs. corn starch
– 1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1-2 tbs. special dark cocoa powder*
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 cup low-fat plain (or greek) yogurt
1. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Add the evaporated milk, chocolate chips, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Refrigerate until well-chilled.
2. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– If you want to make just regular chocolate frozen yogurt, use regular unsweetened cocoa powder instead of the special dark powder.