Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Almonds
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
Entertaining is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I love bringing people together around a table of delicious food and of course, good drinks! The holidays are such a busy time and I’m always running around like a crazy person shopping for gifts and parties. If I can find everything I need to entertain in just one stop, I’m all about it.
I never knew that you can buy wine at Dollar General! They offer a great selection of wine and beers and at a great price! And I was really happy to see that they carry one of my favorite affordable wines – Barefoot!
It was so easy for me to grab everything I needed including the wine and other snacks for my party spread for a holiday gathering I recently hosted. You can also pick up serving dishes and other party supplies at Dollar General without blowing your budget!
I was also asked by my friends at Dollar General to create a holiday wine pairing recipe for you guys!
Nuts are always a great choice for pairing with wines. And for the holidays, you can serve these dark chocolate cinnamon almonds on a cheese board, a dessert tray with strawberries or cookies. You can also package them up in a cute jar with some ribbon in a lovely gift basket with a couple of bottles of Barefoot wine and you’ve got the perfect gift!
Almonds generally pair well with Chardonnay so I went with that as my white wine and Pinot Noir as the red as it is perfect with the dark chocolate and cinnamon flavors. You can’t go wrong here!
The best part of these almonds is that they are so simple to make! You just need 4 ingredients: almonds, good quality dark chocolate, ground cinnamon, and some sea salt.
- 2 cups unsalted almonds (I used roasted)
- 8 ounces good quality dark chocolate bar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fine sea salt
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl, break up the chocolate into smaller chunks. Heat the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each round until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Add the almonds into the bowl with the melted chocolate. Stir until the almonds are all coated in the chocolate. Use a fork to lift each almond out of the chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate as much as you can and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the almonds with the sea salt. Let the almonds sit out until the chocolate is set (you can also put them in the fridge). Store in jars or airtight containers and I recommend storing them in the fridge for freshness!
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 9g
I picked up my Barefoot wine at my local Dollar General store in Orange County, CA. Dollar General is a great choice for your holiday entertaining needs this season so be sure to check it out!