Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl
I’m like 3 years late to the smoothie bowl game. I actually thought I’d avoid it entirely since they seemed to be so trendy in the food blogging world. But, I was thinking about cherries recently now that it’s summer and a smoothie bowl just had to be made!
This smoothie bowl gets its thickness and creaminess from the frozen banana. It gives the smoothie an almost ice cream-like texture that’s just dreamy! Frozen dark sweet cherries are also thrown in. I then add almond milk and some ground flax and a tablespoon of almond butter and blend it all up.
I like my smoothie bowls to be on the thicker side since I’m eating them with a spoon so up to 1 cup of almond milk is plenty for me. You can feel free to adjust this amount depending on how thick (or thin) you want it to be!
The best part about a smoothie bowl is the toppings! I added some chopped fresh cherries, toasted coconut, chopped dark chocolate, and a bit of granola I had. You can also add other fruits or nuts.
I could live off this dark cherry smoothie bowl for the rest of summer! It’s cool, refreshing, and perfectly sweet!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- fresh chopped cherries
- chopped dark chocolate
- toasted coconut
- sliced bananas
- Add the frozen banana, cherries, almond milk, ground flax, and almond butter to a blender. Blend until smooth. Can add more or less almond milk to reach desired thickness (I like my smoothie bowls to be a bit thicker).
- Pour into a bowl. Top with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 27g Protein: 8g