Crockpot Cheddar Beer Tacos
I’m in Orlando this week for a friend’s wedding and to visit with family so I am going to make this post quick!
My ranch chicken tacos are one of the most popular recipes on my blog. It’s such an easy recipe, but it is one of our favorite dinners to make. It’s a great weeknight meal since you use the slow cooker. I love meals that my husband can prep for us when I know I am going to have a long day at work.
I have had these cheddar beer tacos on my list for a while. Since we love the chicken ranch tacos so much, I figured this recipe would also be a hit. I was a little worried that the beer flavor would be overwhelming. I don’t hate beer, but it’s not my favorite (except for certain ones anyway) and my husband does not like it at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find that you really can’t taste the beer too much. The chicken is so moist and after tossing in some sharp white cheddar cheese, it’s taco heaven!
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup beer (pale or amber ale)
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese + more for topping (I used a sharp white cheddar)
- taco shells
- desired toppings
- Place the chicken breasts into the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Measure out 3/4 cup of the beer. Stir in about 1 1/2 tbs. of the taco seasoning with the beer. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred with a fork. Place the chicken back in with the liquid and it will absorb the liquid (about 10 minutes). You can add additional seasoning if needed.
- Right before you are ready to serve, stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Remove the chicken and put in a serving bowl. Make tacos with desired toppings!
If you do not want to use beer, you can swap for chicken broth!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 393mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g