Crockpot Baked Apples
I’m totally having an apple obsession this year. I mean, I’ve always loved apple everything, but I’m typically all about pumpkin every year. This fall I just want all things apple. Food. Soap. Lotion. Candles. You name it. Especially when it involves baking them because it makes the entire house smell amazing.
These baked apples are basically apple pie filling without the crust! Don’t get me wrong, I love buttery and flaky pie crust, but we all know it’s not so healthy. This dessert is a happy medium. You’ve got all of the baked apple goodness and you can still top them with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- 2 1/2 lbs. apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Place the sliced apples into the crockpot. Add the sugars, cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Stir until the apples are well-coated in the sugar mixture. Distribute the butter cubes over the top of the apples.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-5 hours until the apples are soft (but not mushy). Serve in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top. Garnish with cinnamon if desired. Store leftovers in a container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 44gProtein: 1g
Today is the last day of Crocktoberfest and we are ending the week with desserts! Check out what everyone made!
Pumpkin Rice Pudding from Around My Family Table
Crock Pot Baked Apples from Eat. Drink. Love.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Coffee Cake from A Night Owl
Slow Cooker Moist Chocolate & Caramel Cake from 365 Days of Crockpot
Crock Pot Tapioca Pudding from Juanita’s Cocina
Crock Pot Tiramisu Bread Pudding from Cookie Monster Cooking
Cherry Cobbler in the Slow Cooker from Curry & Comfort
Caramelized Apples in the Slow Cooker from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Crock Pot Rocky Road Chocolate Cake from White Lights on Wednesday
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake from Pink Cake Plate
Follow along with the Crocktoberfest fun on social media by searching the hashtag #crocktoberfest2013 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!