Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Winner winner, chicken dinner! That’s the best way to describe this Creamy Tuscan Chicken! I threw this dinner together a few weeks ago and it was definitely love at first bite!
What’s not to love about tender chicken breast sautéed in a skillet and then tossed in a super simple and creamy sauce. To make this easy recipe, you will start out by sautéing some thinly sliced chicken breasts in a skillet. After about 15 minutes, you’ll remove the chicken breasts, but leave all of those pan drippings alone because they will add flavor to the sauce! Add in some heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, fresh spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes and dinner will be ready in about 25 minutes!
I would consider this a more indulgent meal given the creamy sauce, however, if you are wanting to lighten it up, you can use half and half or even evaporated milk. Instead of using all heavy cream, I like to use some chicken broth as well. This adds more flavor to the sauce and makes it taste a bit lighter.
As for the sun-dried tomatoes, I prefer to use the jarred ones that are marinated in oil. They just have more flavor and softer texture than the dried ones.
For sides, you can serve this chicken with any type of pasta or rice. It’s also good served with a nice salad! You definitely can’t go wrong either way.
For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
For the creamy sauce:
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place onto the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover with foil.
- Place the skillet back onto the heat. Lower heat to medium low. Add the 1 teaspoon of oil with the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour in the broth and heavy cream. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Add the chicken breasts back into the skillet. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g