Creamy Mushroom Pasta
How is it that October is almost over?! Seriously, where did it go?! I’m so not ready for this month to be over. I’m enjoying all the Halloween movies, candy, and decorations. I know I’ve said it many times, but this is my favorite time of year. Lots of decorations, AMC Fear Fest, and comfort food. This month is all about comfort food. For example, a big bowl of creamy pasta. But, with the holiday season fast approaching, I think we all need a few lighter recipes in our repertoire, don’t you think?
And you know what rocks? When that creamy pasta doesn’t actually contain any cream. I love finding ways to sub for heavy cream in dishes. There are a lot of great alternatives out there these days like low fat cream cheese or greek yogurt. One ingredient I haven’t really tried is sour cream, but after trying it in this pasta, I am going to use it more often because it made this pasta so creamy and tangy. It’s a great alternative to heavy cream! I got this recipe from Miss Skinny Girl herself, Bethenny Frankel. This is one of my favorite recipes from her so if you’re looking for a tasty, but light pasta, this is your dish!
- 1/2 lb. pasta (you can use whichever type you prefer)
- 7 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- splash white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley (for garnish)
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta. Season with the salt. Cook pasta until tender and drain.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions in an even layer. Cook for about 3 minutes. Flip the mushrooms over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and toss with the mushrooms. Add in the sour cream, broth, white wine, Parmesan cheese, and the salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly until well-combined. Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g