Creamy Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups
Lasagna roll-ups. They’ve been on my list of things to make for a long time. I made this spinach and turkey sausage lasagna and my husband really enjoyed it so I have been wanting to make another white lasagna.
So I made it. And honestly, I thought it was way too rich for my tastes. I’m not a big alfredo fan to begin with though. I just find it to be too heavy most of the time and all the cream cheese made the roll-ups insanely rich and creamy and the sauce was super thick. Don’t get me wrong, they were good, but way too much. I couldn’t even finish one roll-up. If you are an alfredo fan, go for it, you might really like it! My husband is and enjoyed them, but also thought they were too heavy.
I decided to take what I liked about the recipes and change what I didn’t like. Swapping the cream sauce on top for marinara really made a difference for me. The filling is still super creamy, but with the sauce, I could actually finish one whole roll-up and I also liked the added flavor from the tomato sauce. I also removed some of the cream cheese from the inside mixture which also helped.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 2 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
- your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and pat dry. Place a sheet of wax paper on the counter. Line each noodle on top of the wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Then mix in the milk until it is combined with the cheeses. Stir in the chicken and parsley.
- Spoon some of the sauce of your choice on the bottom of baking dish so that it is completely covered.
- Spoon some of the mixture (roughly 1/3 cup per noodle) and spread on top of each noodle. Tightly roll each noodle up and place seam side down into the baking dish. Cover each roll with more sauce trying to completely cover each one so that they do not dry out while baking. Sprinkle additional Parmesan or mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese on top is melted.
If you only have oven ready lasagna noodles, do not boil them. Try soaking them in hot water for about 20-30 minutes until they are soft enough to roll.
Serving Size:2 roll-ups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 716mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g