Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash! Now that’s a mouthful…and a seriously delicious and comforting one at that! Ever since I made my Spaghetti Squash Parmesan, I’ve been dreaming of other combos I could make!
Spaghetti squash is honestly my favorite lower-carb substitute for pasta. The texture is similar enough to me and you can do so many different flavors!
This chicken and broccoli combo has an alfredo-like creaminess thanks to just some plain cream cheese and shredded Italian cheese. It’s comforting and so deliciously creamy and cheesy!
I used leftover roasted chicken I had in the fridge. You can use leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken from the store too. For the broccoli, I do a quick dip in some boiling water to get it started and then it will finish cooking in the oven. Top the squash with some slices of provolone cheese and bake until so perfectly warm and gooey!
This is total comfort food to me! You can stuff more veggies in here if you’d like. You can also feel free to swap out the cheeses or use lower calorie cream cheese.
Because the squash has to roast first, the cook time is a bit longer for this recipe. If you want to make this during the week, you can pre-bake the squash and shred it up in advance. It might need a little bit more time in the oven to warm up if you mix it in cold, but this will definitely save time!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 ounces plain cream cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper. Slice the squash in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds. Brush the oil all over the inner part of each squash and sprinkle with some salt. Place cut side-down on the baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the squash can easily be pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the broccoli. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lightly salt the water and add the broccoli. Let cook for 3 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese in a bowl. Stir in the diced chicken and spices. Set aside.
- Once the squash is done, remove from the oven and lower heat to 350. Using a fork, carefully scrape the inside of each half of the squash (leaving a thin layer just before the skin) into the bowl with the cream cheese and chicken mixture. Stir to fully combine. Add in the broccoli and mix once more. Add salt to taste. Divide the filling between each half.
- Top each half with a slice of the provolone cheese. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Switch oven to broil and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 596Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 622mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g