Creamy Avocado Pasta
If there was some sort of avocado fan club that I could join like ASAP, I’d like to join. There HAS to be an avocado fan page, right? I’m not sure there is anything more satisfying then cutting into a perfectly ripe avocado. I adore everything about avocados! They are so creamy and delicious. Yeah, sure, you can mash it up and serve it with tortilla chips, or over toast, or in a taco, but did you know avocados can make the perfect pasta sauce too?!
First, this sauce is ridiculously easy. There is no cooking required, you just blend everything up in a food processor and toss with the cooked pasta and you are done! This dish is ready in just about 20 minutes or less. The avocado sauce is beyond creamy and it’s all thanks to the avocado. There is no heavy cream needed here! To give the sauce an even bolder green color, I also tossed in some spinach and basil, and hey, that makes it even healthier, right?
I love this pasta as is just with some shaved Parmesan on top, but you can easily add in veggies or chicken or shrimp if you want to beef it up more.
- 10 ounces spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 cup pasta water (to thin sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water when draining.
- While the pasta cooks, add the avocado, garlic, olive oil, spinach, basil, and lemon juice to a food processor. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and blend until smooth. Add more of the pasta water as desired to thin the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
This pasta is best eaten within 24 hours as the pasta can turn brown over time due to the avocado.
Serving Size:about 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 18mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 2g Protein: 9g