Creamy Artichoke Stuffed Peppers
And just like that it is August! Our summer has been completely subsumed by moving back to FL and failing to find a new house. School starts for the kids next week and we are still running around like crazy people feeling so unsettled.
These creamy artichoke stuffed peppers are the perfect end-of-summer type of appetizer. They are still light enough to feel more summery yet the creamier filling and jack cheese on top give them more of that comfort fall-food type of vibe for the upcoming football season. Either way, I’d happily eat these year round! The filling is super easy to make – just chop up some artichokes and mix ’em up with a bit of cream cheese and seasonings. Top with some jack cheese and then stick them in the oven to heat up and let the cheese melt. Super yummy! I love the creamy filling paired with the crisp pepper texture.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- If artichokes aren’t your thing, you can swap them out for chopped rotisserie chicken or you can also use mushrooms in their place.
- I find that baking these for about 5 minutes followed by the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese on top works best. You don’t want the peppers to cook, otherwise they will get mushy and you won’t be able to pick them up by hand. This is just enough time for the filling to heat up and for the cheese to melt.
- You can prep the peppers the night before by cutting them and using a spoon to remove the seeds. Store them in an airtight container overnight in the fridge. You can also mix up the artichoke filling and cover and chill that separately in advance if needed.
- I love to use a more herby cream cheese like with chives over just plain cream cheese, but any type of savory cream cheese will probably work well with these so feel free to experiment with different flavors!
- 6 mini sweet peppers
- 5 ounces chive cream cheese
- 1 cup quartered artichokes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh grated jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice each mini pepper in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out seeds and discard. Set the scooped peppers aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, artichokes, garlic, salt, and 1/2 cup of the jack cheese. Stir until well-combined. Divide the mixture evenly inside of each pepper half. Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining jack cheese on top of each stuffed pepper.
- Bake the peppers for 5 minutes. Switch oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes until the tops are lightly golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
This recipe makes 12 stuffed pepper halves. I would assume 1-2 halves a person depending on what other foods you will be serving. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how many you need.
Serving Size:1 stuffed pepper half
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g