Cranberry Chipotle Chicken Wings
This post is sponsored by Perdue Farms.
Now that the holiday season is here, I’m always thinking about ingredients or products that I can keep stored in the freezer for holiday guests or impromptu parties. So, it was perfect timing when Perdue Farms reached out to me to see if I would be interested in receiving their new direct-to-consumer product boxes!
Whenever I have thought about Perdue in the past, I typically think chicken or turkey, so I was surprised to see the variety of products that I received from Perdue Farms! I appreciate that they value working with small family farmers to help raise healthy animals and deliver high quality products and now, direct to your door. Perdue Farms has been in the business for 100 years and is now the #1 supplier in the U.S. for organic chicken.
I received the Gatherings (medium) size box of products. My box contained a Sonoma Red Organic Chicken, Niman Ranch Pulled Pork, Perdue Herbed Olive Oil Chicken Wings, Niman Ranch Kielbasa, Niman Ranch Fat Tire Ribs, and Coleman Ranch Organic Chicken Tenders. Everything was packaged really well and I love the variety I received. I’d also like to add that all of the shipping materials are sustainable. The box is 100% recyclable. All of the insulation is also biodegradable, compostable, and dissolvable in water! They also donate a portion of each bundle ordered to the Arbor Day Foundation. Super cool!
I had a hard time picking which product to use for this post, but finally decided on the Perdue Herbed Olive Oil Chicken Wings. They are super simple to make as you don’t have to worry about thawing the wings, you can just bake them directly from the freezer! They also come in a resealable bag if you only want to make a smaller amount.
I decided to make this amazing cranberry chipotle wing sauce to go with them! It’s really very simple and I love the flavor of this sauce. You’ve got some sweetness from the cranberry sauce and some heat from the chipotle peppers. I added some fresh lime juice to balance out the flavors.
I made my own cranberry sauce for this recipe. It’s so easy to make, but if you are short on time or can’t find fresh cranberries, you can use canned whole cranberry sauce. The other thing I love about these wings is that the cranberry wing sauce makes them perfect for holiday gatherings or even for game days! My husband was happy to eat a plate of these wings last weekend.
- 1 (2.5 pounds) bag Perdue Herbed Olive Oil Seasoned Wings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (or 425 degrees for crispier wings). Line a large baking sheet with foil. Arrange the wings on the pan, leaving space in between each. Bake for 25 minutes, gently flip and continue baking for another 25 minutes until the wings are golden.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the wing sauce. In a small saucepan, add the cranberries, sugar, and water. Heat on medium high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occassionaly. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberry sauce to a food processor and add the chipotle peppers and lime juice. Blend until mostly smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Once the wings are done cooking, brush the cranberry chipotle sauce over the wings. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
Head to the Perdue Farms to order your first bundle and save at least 11% compared to buying products individually. Perdue Farms is also offering 10% Off + free Perdue Harvestland Diced Chicken Breasts on your first order!