Cinco de Mayo is almost here and you guys know me, I LOVE me some Mexican food. Give me ALL of the Mexican food!
And while I certainly don’t need it to be Cinco de Mayo to stuff my face with all the Mexican goodness, it’s a great excuse to keep posting all of these Mexican recipes lately!
I’m loving this deliciously creamy and cheesy corn dip for Cinco de Mayo or any party or occasion! Your friends will love you forever for serving this as this dip is a definite crowd-pleaser.
This dip is definitely indulgent with the cream cheese and cheese, but hey, sometimes you just have to have a little fun and eat whatever the heck you want!
Another great thing about this corn dip? It really couldn’t be easier to make. Everything gets tossed and mixed up in a bowl and then baked in the oven until melty and bubbly! Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips and you’ve got yourself a party!
If you are serving a bigger crowd, you can easily double the recipe and bake in a larger dish.
Oh, this is a dip that is best served hot/warm. If you plan to leave it out for a while and are wondering how to keep it warm, I highly recommend a small dip warmer like this one.
- 1 (8-ounce) block plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can canned corn, drained
- 4-ounces green chilis, drained (optional)
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a small cast iron skillet or an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the jack cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and the corn (and chilis, if using). Mix until well-combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the skillet or baking dish and smooth into an even later. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dip is lightly golden on top and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven. Garnish with fresh lime wedges and cilantro if desired and serve with chips.