Copycat P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps are probably one of the most popular dishes at P.F. Chang’s and it is certainly my favorite. I’ve been wanting to re-create them at home for some time and finally got around to it. I love the flavor of the chicken mixture and eating it with lettuce instead of rice is much healthier! The water chestnuts add a nice crunch. These wraps are just refreshing to me.
I had this dish ready to go in about 20 minutes. P.F. Chang’s serves these as an appetizer, but they are definitely filling enough for lunch or even dinner!
The ingredient list is a bit long, but everything was easy for me to find at my grocery store. I love these lettuce wraps so much, I also know I will use up all of the ingredients so no biggie!
I used ground chicken, but you could also make them with ground turkey or even ground beef if you wanted to!
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp. sriracha (can adjust if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Iceberg, Bibb or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and drained
- cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- soy sauce, hoisin, spicy mustard sauce (for dipping, if desired)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks.
- Pour in the onion, garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and the sriracha. Toss the mixture to coat all of the chicken. Continue cooking until the chicken is thoroughly cooked (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in the water chestnuts and the green onions. Pour in the sesame oil, and add salt to taste.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl or a large plate. Scoop the chicken mixture onto the lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1192mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 30g