Coconut Honey Ice Cream
O.M.G. I think I just died and went to coconut heaven.
I think I am going to live in the container of this ice cream. Yeah, sure, it will be cold, but I’ll get over it. I’ll wear a parka.
This ice cream doesn’t contain any egg yolks or cream so I don’t know if it technically qualifies as ice cream since you don’t have to make a custard, but skipping that process makes this so much easier to prepare. It is so light and creamy with a touch of sweetness from the honey. It’s almost like frozen whipped cream. And it’s dairy-free!
I used one can of light coconut milk and a can of regular coconut milk to cut the fat down, but if you want it to be a thicker and creamier consistency, then use two cans of regular coconut milk. You can try using two cans of light coconut milk, but the ice cream might not be as creamy.
- 2 cans coconut milk (both full-fat, or 1 light and 1 full-fat)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey (to taste; can also use agave nectar)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Pour the coconut milk into a sauce pan and heat on medium heat. Stir in the honey until the honey dissolves. Stir in the cinnamon. Remove from the heat and let cool, refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 25g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 19mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 36g Protein: 3g