Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
It’s only June and the first official week of summer, but I’m already over it. It was 125 degrees this past weekend. I mean, seriously, how is that possible? It doesn’t seem natural!
I’m a big fan of oatmeal, but a big hot bowl of oatmeal in this heat just doesn’t sound very appealing. Overnight oats are the perfect solution for this problem!
First, they are SO easy! You just mix everything up the night before, stick the oats in the fridge, and in the morning, breakfast is all ready to go! And best of all, they are so versatile! I know some people don’t like the texture of cold oats, but I don’t mind it at all.
I’m slightly obsessed with these coconut overnight oats. They are creamy and full of coconut flavor! I used coconut milk (you can use coconut milk from a can or carton) and coconut Greek yogurt. You can experiment with light or full fat coconut milk and the same goes for the yogurt.
I then topped my oats with toasted coconut and almonds. I adore the crunchy topping paired with the creamy and dreamy coconut oats!
Looking for more overnight oats recipes? Try these:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 5 ounces coconut flavored or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or to taste; can also use stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cup sliced almonds
- In a jar or container, stir together the oats, coconut milk, yogurt, cinnamon, salt, sweetener, and the vanilla extract until well-combined. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add the shredded coconut and sliced almonds. Cook the mixture until the coconut is golden and the sliced almonds are toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat (you can also make this the night before if desired). Sprinkle on the oats before eating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375