Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
It’s only June and the first official week of summer, but I’m already over it. It was 125 degrees this past weekend. I mean, seriously, how is that possible? It doesn’t seem natural!
I’m a big fan of oatmeal, but a big hot bowl of oatmeal in this heat just doesn’t sound very appealing. Overnight oats are the perfect solution for this problem!
First, they are SO easy! You just mix everything up the night before, stick the oats in the fridge, and in the morning, breakfast is all ready to go! And best of all, they are so versatile! I know some people don’t like the texture of cold oats, but I don’t mind it at all. If you prefer your oats warm, you can also heat these up a bit!
I’m slightly obsessed with these coconut overnight oats. They are creamy and full of coconut flavor! I used coconut milk (you can use coconut milk from a can or carton) and coconut Greek yogurt.
You can experiment with light or full fat coconut milk and the same goes for the yogurt depending on what you prefer.
I topped my oats with toasted coconut and almonds. I adore the crunchy topping paired with these dreamy coconut oats. I also loved sliced bananas on top. Berries also pair nicely with coconut.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I like to use old fashioned oats for overnight oatmeal. Quick oats can get a bit too soft and mushy. Old fashioned oats keep better overnight.
- Feel free to experiment with lower fat coconut milk and/or yogurt. Full fat will result in a thicker and creamier texture, but if you are trying to keep this lower in fat and calories, lower fat milk and yogurt work very well!
- I’m all about mixing textures with overnight oats so I like to top mine with some toasted coconut and sliced almonds.
- Sliced bananas and berries are also great toppings!
- You can easily double this recipe for meal prepping for the week and either store in individual portioned containers (I like to do it this way) or keep in a larger container and scoop out as desired.
- The oats are best enjoyed within three to five days.
Looking for more overnight oats recipes? Try these:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375