Cobb Salad Pizza
I know I’ve said it before here, but pizza and salad goes together for me like PB&J – they are meant to be together! I always have to have a big bowl of salad with my pizza. I need the salad to balance out the heaviness of pizza and I love dipping my crust in not just dressing, but the lettuce too! I scoop it all up together and it’s the best thing ever!
So naturally any pizza topped with salad is a win for me. And my favorite salad is the Cobb Salad! I love the toppings – meat, avocado, eggs, bacon, cheese, tomatoes and whatever else you want! In the case of this Cobb Salad pizza I also added broccoli which may not be traditional, but it’s one of my favorite salad toppings.
Oh and just a quick side note- I totally sent Sean to the store to get bacon for this recipe. Then I proceeded to forget to cook the bacon for this pizza. Shhh, let’s not tell him this. But yeah, add bacon too!
To make the pizza itself, I just used refrigerated dough from the grocery store and cut it in half. If you want to make it homemade, this is my homemade pizza dough recipe. I also like to grill the dough for this recipe. It just makes it feel more summer-y I suppose. I grill it on my grill pan, but you can grill it on a regular grill. Or, if you don’t want to grill it, you can always just bake it in the oven the good old fashioned way.
After the dough is basically done cooking, I throw on some cheddar cheese which melts and then top it with the salad. I like to drizzle my own ranch dressing on top rather than mix it in with the salad before serving, but you can do it either way. I also just use cheddar cheese for my Cobb salads because I’m not a fan of blue cheese which is another common Cobb salad topping. Feel free to crumble some on top before serving if that’s your thing!
Grilled Cobb Salad Pizza + glass of white wine = SUMMER!
- 1/2 lb. fresh pizza dough
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh hearts of romaine (or lettuce of your choice)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tbs. chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced meat of your choice (grilled chicken, turkey, ham, etc.)
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium heat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough until it is about 1/4″ thick. Brush half of the olive oil on one side of the dough and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the oiled side down on the heated grill/pan and grill for about 3-4 minutes until lightly browned. While the first side is face down on the grill. Brush the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with more salt and pepper on the other side. Turn the dough over and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes until browned.*(see note)
- Remove the dough off the grill/pan. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top. It will melt as the dough is still warm.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, lettuce, onion, meat, tomatoes, broccoli, bacon, and the avocado. Toss to mix.
- Distribute the salad evenly over the pizza. Drizzle as much of the ranch dressing (or dressing of your choice) over the pizza as you’d like. If desired, sprinkle additional cheddar cheese or blue cheese on top.
You do not have to grill the pizza dough if you do not want to. Feel free to bake it in the oven as you would other pizzas.
Serving Size:1/3 pizza plus 2 tablespoons dressing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 35gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 1200mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information can vary greatly for this recipe depending on the exact meat(s) you use, toppings, and dressing. I recommend calculating nutrition information based on your exact toppings and dressing to get a more accurate estimate.
Note: This post was originally posted in 2013 and has been updated with fresh photos and slightly updated recipe!