Cinco de Mayo Recipe Round Up
It’s May! And in just a few days, it’s time to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! I’ve rounded up some of my favorite Mexican dishes for you guys. Want to know what the great thing about these recipes is? They are much healthier than eating out as everything is baked instead of fried and with lighter sauces and toppings. But, don’t worry, there is still plenty of cheese!
(from right to left, top to bottom)
1. Honey Lime Chicken Bowls: Make your own Chipotle Bowls at home, and even healthier!
2. Baked Chicken Taquitos: You won’t miss the frying with these bad boys. They are easy and so perfectly crispy.
3. Tortilla-Crusted Chicken with White Chili Sauce: Chicken is coated and baked in tortilla chips and then topped with a creamy and cheesy white chili sauce!
4. White Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas: These are one of my most favorite recipes ever!
5. Pico de Gallo: The perfect dip or topping for all of your favorite dishes!
6. Mango Guacamole: A twist on traditional guac made with diced mango.
7. Chicken Enchilada Casserole: Forget about rolling up individual enchiladas and try this casserole instead. It’s kind of like a Mexican lasagna!
8. Mexican Chicken Bake: This is another really healthy option. Lean ground chicken is baked with quinoa, diced tomatoes and black beans. I’ve been making this one for years. It’s packed with protein and flavor!
9. Skinny Strawberry Margaritas: We can’t forget about the drinks!
11. Skinny Taco Dip Cups: These are perfect for parties and for portion control! Enjoy with a handful of multigrain chips.
12. Crockpot Cheddar Beer Tacos: These tacos are super delish and you have to love anything you can do in the Crockpot!
13. Teedo’s Famous Salsa: And last but not least, nothing beats fresh and homemade salsa! This one will not disappoint!