Christmas Coffee Cocktail
One more Christmas recipe! This may just look like a boring cup of coffee. Nothing special to see here, but wait! This is no ordinary cup of coffee! This is a special coffee…Christmas Coffee Cocktail to be exact! I know, it’s not the greatest name, but I’m tired so we are going to go with it.
I love a good hot toddy drink during this time of year when it’s cold outside. This is truly the perfect drink to make for parties to serve alongside a dessert spread!
To make the drink, you’ll start by making homemade spiced creamer! I took some half and half and poured it into a sauce pan along with some cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and vanilla. Note that the recipe will make you quite a bit for multiple drinks! You can use plain half and half if you prefer, but the spiced creamer is so easy to make, it’s worth the extra few minutes!
For the cocktail, you just need some of your favorite hot brewed coffee, coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps, and creme de cocoa! This coffee cocktail is so perfectly sweet and comforting! Perfect for enjoying with your favorite holiday desserts!
For the spiced creamer:
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cocktail:
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 1 ounce creme de cocoa (I used the cocoa liqueur from Trader Joe's)
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- In a medium saucepan, add the half and half, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a light boil, lower the heat slightly and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Use a Discard the cinnamon sticks and cloves. Serve with the coffee cocktail. Store leftover creamer in the fridge.
- To make the cocktail, pour 1 cup of hot brewed coffee into a mug, followed by the coffee liqueur, butterscotch schnapps, and the creme de cocoa. Stir to combine. Add desired amount of the spiced creamer and stir again. Top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g