Chopped Spring Salad
It’s officially salad season for me. I could eat giant stuffed salads every day during the spring and summer, always and forever! This Chopped Spring Salad is packed full of fresh spring produce that is in season right now like spring mix lettuce, butter lettuce, snap peas, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, and green onions. It’s such a hearty and healthy mix of veggies. But, then I kind of ruined the healthiness by adding some bacon and homemade ranch dressing, but it’s not a lot so it’s all good!
For this salad, ranch dressing seemed like the best match so I whipped up a batch of my favorite buttermilk ranch dressing and it was perfect. I highly recommend giving the dressing recipe a try, but if you want to save time, you can obviously use your favorite premade ranch dressing or really any other dressing you want if ranch isn’t your thing.
Salads are always so easy to customize too so feel free to experiment with your veggies and dressing! Adding a chopped boiled egg would be great to add. You can also throw in some chicken or even grilled shrimp if you want to make this salad a bit more filling for dinner.
- 3 cups roughly chopped greens (I used spring mix and butter lettuce)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 2/3 chopped or sliced baby carrots
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped or crumbled
- buttermilk ranch dressing
- Add the chopped greens to a mixing bowl or salad plate. Then arrange the peas, broccoli, tomatoes, green onion, and carrots on top, followed by the bacon. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top and toss. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 20gSugar: 19gProtein: 19g