Chocolate Fruit Dip
Summer always makes me want to eat ALL of the fruit. Everyday. Lots of fresh strawberries and cold apple slices are heavenly.
My girls like eating fruit, but not always as much as I’d like. What better way to sneak more fruit in than with a creamy and chocolatey dip?! And oh boy, this dip is so simple and so yummy! Let’s just pretend that Natalie doesn’t dip the fruit in and just eat the dip off…
Best of all though is that this Chocolate Fruit Dip is pretty guilt-free too unlike other dessert dips!
I use reduced fat cream cheese and protein-rich Greek yogurt as the base. A few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder go in and in place of sugar as a sweetener, I used maple syrup!
For the yogurt, I went with plain Greek yogurt. I know some people may not like the tanginess of Greek yogurt so if that’s you or one of your kiddos, feel free to swap it out for regular yogurt. You can also use vanilla yogurt for added flavor and sweetness.
Sliced apples, bananas, strawberries, pineapple, heck, even mango would work well with this dip. It’s great for a healthier dessert or for a snack!
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 5.3 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt (can also use vanilla yogurt or regular yogurt if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth and combined. Serve with fresh fruit like sliced apples, strawberries, and bananas!
Serving Size:about 1/3 cup dip
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 8g
Only includes dip