Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
It’s December! Christmas is almost here! I’m sorry I haven’t been posting, we were in Cleveland for an extended trip for Thanksgiving and I decided to truly enjoy our time with family and do as little work as possible! Though, traveling with a toddler for a long trip is not easy. The time change was hard to adjust to and our usual good-sleeper turned into a bad one that also became a stage 5 clinger! Oi. It’s good to be home!
By the way, did you guys see our big announcement that I posted last week?!
Okay, now let’s get to these chocolate crinkle cookies!
I’ve been wanting to try a crinkle cookie recipe for a long time and the holiday season seemed like the perfect time! I love how crinkle cookies look like they’ve been dusted in fresh snow. These cookies are crispy on the outside, but have a soft and chewy center! I add some melted chocolate to this recipe which makes these cookies so rich and chocolatey and gives them a brownie-like texture.
Note that the dough for these cookies requires some chill time. I like to mix it up the night before and then bake them in the morning.
Happy baking season!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cocoa, sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat in 15 second-intervals until melted. Pour the melted chocolate into the mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl then stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours, if not overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. Coat each ball in powdered sugar before placing onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 32mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g