Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
You guys, it’s time. It’s time for all of the Halloween movies to start! AMC Fear Fest and 13 Nights of Halloween on ABC Family are my jam! My husband and I are so lame, but we get ridiculously excited about this every single year. It’s truly the small things that get us the most excited.
I’d like to celebrate this joyous time of year with cookies!! Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies to be exact. Oh, and with fall M&M’s on top. These cookies are so good. They have a more cakey texture which I happen to love! The chocolate chips make these even better, but of course the fun M&M’s are the best part! These cookies are perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving parties. You play with the candies you use on top as well, but M&M’s are my favorite for these cookies. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go watch Hocus Pocus a gazillion times!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- M&M’s (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degres F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and the pumpkin puree. Then stir in the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Use a cookie scoop or spoon the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden around the edges. If using the M&M’s, place a few onto each cooked cookie, pressing down slightly. Let cool and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g