Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
What if I told you that you can eat cookie dough and not feel bad about it? What if I told you it would only cost about 90 calories? Sounds pretty much like a dream come true, right?
Cookie Dough that is secretly healthy. Yes, it’s a thing.
We get some serious cookie cravings in this house, especially at night. While we usually try to be strong and ignore it, I sometimes break down and make my Emergency Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies. I’ve been all about making healthier snacks lately though and knew I could come up with something healthier than actual cookies. These no-bake energy bites were my inspiration. Using all oats wouldn’t give the texture I wanted though so I used cashews because of their mild taste and when ground with oats, you will get the texture of glorious cookie dough!
Now, let’s be totally real here for a second. Do these actually taste just like a real chocolate chip cookie made with lots of butter, sugar, and eggs? No, they do not. They do not contain butter, sugar, or eggs. But, do they really taste like cookie dough? Yes, they do. I think you will be surprised at how close they are. I find that they taste best after letting them chill overnight. Keep them in a container in the fridge or freezer and get your cookie dough fix any time!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2/3 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the cashews and oats to a food processor. Chop until the mixture is a fine powder. Add in the agave nectar, vanilla extract, and the coconut oil. Blend/pulse until well-combined. Be careful not to overmix or cashews (you don’t want to end up with cashew butter). Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 1- 1 1/2″ inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment and chill for about 2 hours or longer and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
To make these vegan, use your favorite vegan chocolate chips and agave nectar.
Serving Size:1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g