Chili Lime Salmon Sliders
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MarinadesWithMazola #MakeItWithHeart #CollectiveBias
June Gloom is over here in the OC, and it’s definitely feeling like summer now! And with summer comes grilling season! My friends at Mazola® Corn Oil recently asked me to create the perfect summer grilling recipe, and these salmon sliders just scream summer! I have to admit that corn oil has not always been the cooking oil I reach for first, but I recently learned that a clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, see Mazola.com.
And to get $1.00 back on your purchase of Mazola Corn Oil, text MAZOLA to 79495 between 6/20/19 – 9/26/19 to receive $1.00 back on your purchase of Mazola 40oz Corn Oil! Limit 1 rebate per household. PayPal account required. By texting, you expressly consent to receive multiple automated text messages on this offer. Consent not required as a condition of purchase. Message & data rates apply. Text HELP or STOP to 79495 at any time. Full terms: http://cbi.as/a38tw.
If you haven’t tried corn oil yet, Mazola Corn Oil can be used for all-purpose cooking, and the best part about it is that it is cholesterol-free, which makes it a great heart-healthy choice! It can be used for marinades, grilling, cooking, or even baking. It has a high smoke point at 450°F. It also has a nice neutral taste that won’t overpower the star flavors of your dish.
These salmon sliders are delicious and filling; but aren’t super heavy or greasy compared to regular beef sliders. The marinade for the salmon includes heart-healthy corn oil in place of other oil or butter, lots of fresh lime juice, and spices like chili powder and cumin! Instead of topping these with cheese, I opted to make a fresh corn salsa. I love the texture the fresh corn adds to these sliders. And in place of traditional tartar sauce made with mayonnaise, I made my own sauce using nonfat Greek yogurt!
These sliders are the perfect alternative to burgers to add to your summer grilling list! Light and fresh and great for parties too when you want to serve something a little more elevated than burgers!
For the corn salsa topping:
- 1 large ear of corn, shaved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Mazola Corn Oil
For the yogurt lime tartar sauce:
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
For the salmon sliders:
- 1/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil (plus more for brushing grill)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 4 equal-sized squares
- slider buns
- To make the salsa, combine the shaved corn, jalapeno pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and corn oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the yogurt lime tartar sauce, stir together the yogurt, lime juice, chopped dill pickles, garlic, and salt in another bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the marinade for the salmon. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn oil, lime juice, chili and garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Brush some of the marinade on top of each piece of salmon. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare grill by brushing grates with some of the corn oil to prevent sticking. Over medium heat, place each piece of salmon, skin-side down onto the grill. Grill for 3 minutes. Gently flip with a spatula. Carefully peel skin away from salmon and discard. Brush more of the marinade on the salmon. Grill for another 4 minutes, flip once more and grill for another 4-5 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove cooked salmon from the grill and set aside. You can also toast the slider buns if desired for a few minutes. If desired, you can brush more of the marinade on top of the salmon. To assemble the sliders, place a piece of salmon, a spoonful (or two!) of the corn salsa, and spread some of the tartar sauce on the top bun. Serve!
Serving Size:1 slider
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 53mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 45g
Exact nutrition may depend on specific buns used and how much of the corn salsa and tartar sauce used.