Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
I’ve found my new favorite thing for lunch. That is, until next week when I make my new favorite thing for lunch. Until then though, these chicken salad lettuce wraps will continue to be my favorite thing.
It’s kind of silly really because there isn’t much to these wraps. I’m a big fan of chicken salad, but it has to be made the right way with bigger chunks of chicken, texture from celery and other veggies, and it has to be light on the mayo. Dems is the rules.
The chicken salad has just the right amount of texture and flavor without requiring a lot of ingredients. It just takes some chicken (in which I used my trusty rotisserie chicken shortcut), green onion, some celery (cause too much would just not work for me and my tastes), and sliced almonds for added crunch and texture. I went light on the mayo because there is nothing worse than chicken salad that is drowning in mayo. I also mixed in some mustard powder. I’m not a fan of regular mustard, but the powder, I can do. Yeah, I’m weird, maybe?
I like spooning this on some butter or iceberg lettuce. You could put it on bread or a regular wrap instead, but then it wouldn’t be a lettuce wrap…I’m just sayin’. It’s easy to divide up into portions to take to work too, so yay! Now onto my next favorite thing…
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mayo (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter or iceberg lettuce
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, green onions, celery, and the almonds. Mix. Then stir in the mayo, mustard powder, and salt and pepper to taste until well-combined with the chicken mixture.
- Serve in a bowl with fresh lettuce leaves. Spoon desired amount onto each piece of lettuce, wrap, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cup chicken salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g