Chicken Broccoli Slaw
Happy Valentine’s Day! This recipe is not romantic or decadent, but it is healthy, fresh, and really tasty!
Although I am totally and completely dreading it getting to hotter temperatures here, I am ready for spring foods. Light, crisp, fresh. These are all the things I want right now when it comes to food.
I have been getting kind of bored with my salads lately and wanted to change things up a bit. When you think of a slaw, you probably typically think of it as a topping or maybe a side dish, but it can be so much more! Why not eat it as a salad?! By adding some extra veggies and chicken, this slaw easily stands on its own and is filling enough for lunch. I added some extra crunch with Chow Mein noodles! This little salad also has 17 grams of protein so eat it up!
I topped it with some of my spicy peanut dressing which I make quite frequently for a number of dishes including my spicy peanut chicken wrap. I think if I could put this dressing on everything, I would. I like to use crunchy peanut butter because it adds texture and well, I’m kind of obsessed with crunchy peanut butter, but you can use plain if you’d prefer.
Chicken Broccoli Slaw with Spicy Peanut Dressing
For the peanut dressing:
- 2 tbs. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Sriracha (can add more if you want)
- 1/2 tbs. honey
For the slaw:
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/4 cup Chow Mein noodles
- spicy peanut dressing
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the slaw, carrots, cabbage, and the chicken. Drizzle desired amount of the peanut dressing on top. Toss. Top with the Chow Mein noodles and green onion.
I found a bag of broccoli slaw at Trader Joe’s that already had shredded carrots mixed in, so whatever you can find is fine. You can also find bags with red cabbage already included.
Calories: 234; Fat: 8.1g; Carbs: 24g; Sugars: 13g; Protein: 17g; WW PointsPlus: 6