Football season means it’s time for party dips and nothing beats a good cheesy dip! This Cheeseburger Dip is so easy to make and is ridiculously scrumptious and everything you want in a good dip!
To make this dip, you will start by sauteeing some white onion (or you can leave it out if you are anti-onion) and then brown some ground beef. After that’s done, it’s just a matter of mixing some cream cheese and shredding some cheese and spices in a bowl and mixing everything together to bake in the oven!
Of course, you can customize this dip easily with your favorite burger fixings! My husband and I are team #nomustard but obviously, it’s a popular topping and you could mix it in or drizzle on top. I chopped some pickles and added some chives for an extra pop of green. Shredded iceburg would also be good on top of the dip and would add a fresh crunch to the dip.
My husband said this dip smells like In ‘n’ Out which is basically his favorite thing in the world so this dip is a major win considering we now live in Florida again away from his favorite place!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- Please note the servings for this recipe. The recipe below makes enough dip for 4-6 people and I would say depends on how many other things you plan to serve with it. For a hungrier or larger crowd, I would recommend doubling the recipe.
- Want to make this dip a little lighter? Sub the ground beef for ground turkey, use lower-fat cheeses, and sugar-free ketchup. For dipping, use veggies! You could also serve with small lettuce cups to wrap the dip in for a “bunless” cheeseburger!
- I do recommend shredding the cheese for this recipe fresh. Fresh grated cheese melts significantly better than pre-shredded cheese which contains additive that prevent the cheese from clumping together. It only takes a few extra minutes and is worth the time! You can use bagged cheese, but the dip may not be as smooth.
- This dip is best served warm. If serving a group, it will likely disappear quickly, but to keep it warm, you can always use a mini crockpot (affiliate link) to keep it nice and melty for longer!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup freshly shredded jack cheese
- 1/3 cup ketchup (plus more for drizzling on top)
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles
- Optional toppings mix-ins: mustard, relish, crumbled bacon, etc.
- For dipping: pretzel rolls, tortilla chips, veggies, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 3-4 minutes or until just translucent. Add in the ground beef. Break up with a spatula and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Season with the salt and garlic powder. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of the jack cheese along with the ketchup. Fold in the beef mixture and stir until well-combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Transfer dip to a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Drizzle with ketchup (and mustard if using). Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is melted and the dip begins to bubble and is heated through.
- Sprinkle chopped pickles on top. Serve warm with desired dippers. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g