Chai Overnight Oats
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We spent almost two weeks in Florida visiting my mom and family. It was so nice to be with my family since I don’t get to see them very often. Of course, traveling with little ones has some challenges and the girls had a couple of rough days due to the time difference, but we had fun and were also able to take them to Disney World for their first time! I also spent the entire holiday sick so that has not been fun! I’m happy to be back to our routine and to get back to posting new recipes!
I also love chai tea. The warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon and cardamom make me feel so cozy. These Chai Overnight Oats are so simple to make and with the exception of maybe the cardamom, you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen!
Mix everything up in less than five minutes before you go to bed and wake up to a delicious breakfast ready to be enjoyed! I didn’t go crazy with the spices in this recipe, especially with the cardamom. Feel free to make adjustments to meet your tastes!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste; can also use stevia)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- In a sealable container or jar, add the milk, spices, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Then stir in the raw oats.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. When ready to eat, stir before eating. Add additional spices or sweetener to taste if needed. Add sliced bananas or berries if desired. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 9mg Carbohydrates: 56g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g