Caramel Apple Pound Cake
Fall is calling my name, friends! I cannot be stopped! Today I’ve got a really easy dessert recipe to share that is absolutely perfect for the season. This Caramel Apple Pound Cake is dreamy, comforting, and just downright delicious!
You guys know I’m all about taking shortcuts, especially when it comes to entertaining. For this dessert, I used my favorite Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake. This has always been my go-to pound cake to grab. We actually buy it whenever we do our favorite fondue celebrations. I like it because it’s light and airy and that it’s frozen because you can just slice off as much as you need and put the rest back in the freezer where it is much less tempting to keep grabbing for! And best of all, it is so versatile, you can create all kinds of fun recipes with this pound cake!
Instead of fondue though, I decided to do this Caramel Apple Pound Cake. First you sautee fresh sliced honeycrisp apples in some butter and sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar until they are nice and tender. Then you just toss the slices on top of a big ol’ piece of Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce! Seriously, this dessert is pure heaven and is super simple to make for the family this season!
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced (I used honeycrisp)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake (Family Size), thawed and sliced
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- caramel sauce (homemade or jarred)
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Add the sliced apples and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar. Stir to coat all of the apple slices. Continue cooking the apples until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring every so often. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the sliced pound cake onto individual plates. Spoon the sauteed apples on top of each slice. Then top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Serve.
Serving Size:1 slice plus topping
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 97mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 32g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Check out the Sara Lee Desserts Facebook page for more recipe ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee. The opinions and text are all mine.