Buttermilk Herb Potato Salad
Summer is a time for parties and BBQ’s and I don’t know about you guys, but I’m always trying to think of new side dishes to bring to potluck parties. Potato salad is always a good choice! Everyone loves it and it goes with everything.
My favorite potato salad must always follow the same rules. First, I like some larger chunks of potato and second, it can’t be drowning in dressing. Those are my potato salad rules! I made this Buttermilk Herb Potato Salad a few weeks ago and it was perfection! I tossed the potatoes in a light and creamy buttermilk dressing loaded with fresh herbs.
I used parsley and chives, but you can obviously add in other herbs like rosemary or dill if desired. I used low-fat buttermilk and light sour cream, but you can also use mayo or even Greek yogurt for tangier flavor! This potato salad is definitely a winner!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream or mayo
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot covered with water. Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until just fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, herbs, and salt and pepper until combined.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl or storage container. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir gently to avoid breaking up the potatoes until the potatoes are coated in the dressing. Cover and chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 122mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 5g