Brown Butter Angel Hair Pasta
Why is brown butter so freaking good? I realized a while ago that there aren’t nearly enough brown butter recipes on this blog. This must been remedied. I adore the rich, nutty flavor of brown butter. It’s really simple to make too! Brown butter is the perfect sauce for light and delicate angel hair pasta.
This pasta can be a main dish if you are craving pasta and want something a little lighter or it would also be great as a side dish with chicken or fish. I tossed in some pine nuts into this dish too. I love the added flavor and texture they add to the pasta.
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saute pan, add the butter and oil over medium heat. Let the butter melt. As soon as the butter is melted, add the garlic. Cook the butter for about 3 more minutes until the butter turns a golden color, stirring constantly.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss in the browned butter. Stir in the pine nuts, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir in or garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g