Bread Dipping Seasoning Mix
If you asked me to tell you a dish that is pretty much the death of me when it comes to self-control, I would tell you dipping warm bread in seasoned olive oil is one of them. I mean, I seriously cannot be stopped. It’s so bad, but so good all at the same time. You guys know what I mean, right?!
I finally decided to mix up some homemade bread dipping seasoning mix to have handy last month, and I’m in love. This mix has oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic powder, and salt and pepper…all things you might already have in your spice cabinet. I love having this mix ready to go so I can just spoon it into some oil to serve with bread for a quick appetizer or side. It’s the perfect amount of flavor, without being too much in the oil. It’s just perfect for dipping fresh and warm loaf of bread in!
I always like to give you guys a fun little homemade gift idea every holiday season and I think this seasoning mix would be perfect! You can easily double, triple, or quadruple the recipe, put it in some cute little jars with nice ribbon and pair it with a nice bottle of olive oil.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- I recommend mixing about 1 teaspoon seasoning mix per 1/4 cup of olive oil, but you can really add the seasoning mix to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 108mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g