I think about really weird things when I watch tv or movies. I think about things that really don’t have any importance to the storyline, it’s just stuff that crosses my mind. Like on Game of Thrones, they show a lot of naked ladies and I always wonder how these women are shaving their legs. I mean, these people go days and days without showering, yet their legs are always so perfectly smooth.
We’ve been watching Mad Men on Netflix. We started last Thursday and we are already into season 2 (we are so lame…). There was one episode where they were all talking about how hot it was and they didn’t have air conditioning. I can’t even imagine. I like for it to be as cold as possible, especially at night. When the A/C breaks, I want to die. I know, I’m so dramatic.
So, this blueberry lemonade. It’s perfect for the summer heat, with or without A/C. I love any baked good that contains blueberry and lemons, so why not make one of my favorite flavor combos into a lemonade?! Making your own lemonade isn’t a lot of work and it’s so much better than the powdered stuff. And I’m not sure what I love more about this blueberry lemonade, the taste, or the gorgeous color!
For the blueberry syrup:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
For the lemonade:
- 6-7 lemons (1 cup), juiced
- 5-6 cups water (you can also use sparkling water)
- 1 cup blueberry syrup (or to taste)
- To make the syrup, heat a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the water and sugar. Once the sugar dissolves, stir in the blueberries. Bring the mixture to a light boil and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes or until most of the blueberries have broken down, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the syrup through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the solids. Set the syrup aside and let the syrup cool completely.
- In a pitcher, stir together the lemon juice, water, and the blueberry syrup. Chill. Garnish with fresh blueberries and lemon slices if desired.