Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats
It’s September! Fall is upon us, but it’s been hotter here in Orange County than it has the rest of the year so it’s still feeling like summer to me! Summer always makes me want all things coconut. for breakfast, drinks, dessert, you name it!
Ever since I was pregnant the second time around, I’ve been on a solid oatmeal kick. I just love how comforting and filling a bowl of oats can be. I like to do big batches of steel cut oats in the Instant Pot, but overnight oats are my favorite way to change up my oatmeal game!
While I wait a bit longer for more fall-like weather to arrive, these blueberry coconut oats will keep me satisfied. These oats are pretty similar to my coconut cream pie overnight oats, which funnily enough has been the most popular recipes on my blog over the past year. I’ve made a few tweaks to change up the flavor profile. I like to use blueberry Greek yogurt with coconut milk with these oats, but you can change this up if you’d rather use plain or vanilla Greek yogurt. You can use canned coconut milk or from a carton. I typically use lite coconut milk or from the carton.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blueberry or plain light Greek yogurt
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- fresh blueberries
- In a jar or container, stir together the oats, coconut milk, yogurt, salt, sweetener, and the vanilla extract until well-combined. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add the shredded coconut and sliced almonds. Cook the mixture until the coconut is golden and the sliced almonds are toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat (you can also make this the night before if desired). Sprinkle on the oats before eating with some fresh blueberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350