Blood Orange Margaritas
It’s almost the weekend! We are going to celebrate with these amazing Blood Orange Margaritas!
I first discovered blood oranges just a couple of years ago. If you have never tried one, I recommend you run out and get some ASAP! Aside from their gorgeous red color, they have this incredible almost raspberry-like flavor that is just to die for!! Unfortunately, Arizona’s supply is not that impressive, but I recently found some decent ones at my store and stocked up.
I wanted to make a frozen margarita, but if that’s not your thing, you can certainly make this recipe on the rocks instead of blending with ice. I added agave nectar to sweeten these margs, but you could also use simple syrup if desired. I contemplated adding some triple sec, but honestly, that delicious blood orange juice speaks for itself and so triple sec just didn’t seem necessary! Blood Oranges are so perfect for margaritas. I am madly in love with that deep red color!
- sugar for the rim (raw or granulated)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- agave nectar to taste (or simple syrup)
- about 2 cups ice (for frozen margs)
- Add the sugar to a small dish. Use a damp paper towel and rub it around the rims of two glasses to moisten. Then dip the rims into the sugar and set aside.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and pour into glasses. Feel free to adjust agave nectar and amount of ice as desired. Garnish with blood orange or lime wedges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Looking for more margarita recipes? Try these: