The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s Monday. I’m not sure how the weekend is already gone, but it is and that means it is time for cookies. Cookies make every day better, don’t you think?
What is your perfect chocolate chip cookie? Do you like them thin and crispy or thick and chewy? I’m firmly team thick, soft, and chewy. Everybody needs a solid chocolate chip cookie recipe in their arsenal. It’s a must in life. And this is the perfect recipe for you!
So what makes this recipe so great? First, I use a higher ratio of brown sugar to granulated sugar. The extra brown sugar makes the cookies softer and chewier! My second tip for making amazing chocolate chip cookies is to chill your dough! Chilling the dough helps the dough firm up so when the cookies bake, the dough will spread less, which will give you a nice, thick cookie.
I’d take a batch of these cookies warm out the oven over any other dessert any day of the week. They are slightly crispy around the edges and so soft and gooey on the inside. They are so dreamy! This is the best and only chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need for you and your loved ones!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until well-combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate the dough for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or line with a silicone baking mat. Remove the dough from the fridge and let sit for about 10 minutes. Use a cookie scoop (I use a medium scoop) or drop tablespoonful of the dough on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until a light golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g