Berry Icebox Cake
I feel like I’ve seriously missed out in life because I’ve only just now discovered the magic that is the icebox cake. An icebox cake is made up of either graham crackers or some sort of wafer-like cookie layered with whipped cream, cream cheese (or sometimes pudding). Then you just cover and chill for a few hours or overnight and the graham crackers soak up the moisture and become really soft and cake-like. Gah! It’s so easy and so delicious! And you also have to love a good no-bake dessert.
And seriously, who wouldn’t want to dive right into this gorgeous berry icebox cake? I love how fresh berries are so simple, but yet make desserts so visually pretty and scrumptious at the same time! Because I was feeling super lazy, I used whipped topping for this recipe, but if you are against it, by all means, whip up some fresh whipped cream to use instead! I recommend chilling for at least 3-4 hours, but really overnight is best, which makes it the perfect make-ahead dessert to bring to all your spring and summer parties!
I couldn’t stop digging my fork into this cake. This is just the beginning of my icebox cake obsession!
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces whipped topping (or about 4 cups whipped cream), divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Approx. 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 cup blueberries, divided
- 1 cup raspberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, about 8 ounces of the whipped topping (or 3 cups whipped cream), powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Arrange some graham crackers in a single layer. Spread half of the cream mixture on top in an even layer. Then sprinkle 1/3 cup blueberries, 1/3 cup raspberries, and 1/3 cup of the strawberries. Place another layer of graham crackers, the remaining cream mixture, and another 1/3 cup of each of the berries. Top with one more layer of graham crackers. Spread the remaining whipped topping (or whipped cream) over and arrange the rest of the berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 6g