Berry and Mascarpone Crostini
I am officially declaring this 4th of July Week on this blog. Or Americana Week. Or Patriotic Week. Whatever you want to call it, I am going to be sharing three great recipes this week that would be perfect to make for the 4th!
I’m not sure whether I want to call this berry and mascarpone crostini an appetizer or a dessert. It could really go both ways. Here’s what ya got: toasted bread smeared with mascarpone cheese and topped with fresh berries and a drizzle of honey. It’s so simple, it’s not even really a recipe, but when it comes to making food for the 4th, I want recipes that are quick and easy as I would much rather be spending the day with family and friends! This crostini looks so festive with its red, white, and blue colors and it just screams summer!
- 1 french baguette, sliced into 1/2-1-inch thick slices
- vegetable oil (or melted butter)
- about 10 oz. mascarpone cheese (can also use cream cheese or ricotta cheese)
- 1 pint berries of your choice (blueberries, raspberries, and/or sliced strawberries)
- honey (for drizzling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the slices of bread on a large baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with some vegetable oil. Toast the slices in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Spread some of the mascarpone cheese on top of each slice. Top with a pile of berries and then a drizzle of honey
Serving Size:1 crostini
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g