Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
Just like that, it’s November and it’s time to start menu-planning for Thanksgiving! I have no idea what we are doing this year. I know Turkey Day may look very different for a lot of us, but that does not mean that we shouldn’t still make a delicious meal for yourself whether you are cooking for 1, 4, or 10!
Veggies (aside from the classic green bean casserole, of course) often seem like an afterthought for Thanksgiving, but I like to balance out the heavy dinner with some vegetable goodness!
These Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots are super simple to prepare and also super yummy! After you slice up the carrots and Brussels sprouts, you will toss them in some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and some fresh chopped rosemary!
After about 25 minutes or so, they will be nice and tender and ready to be enjoyed! Just before serving, you toss in some toasted pecans and some grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor.
I thought about also roasting some diced butternut squash or sweet potatoes with these, but since I wanted this to be a lighter side to pair with a heavier meal, I didn’t add them here. If I were wanting to make these for a non-holiday dinner with some roasted chicken or steaks, I would definitely add squash or sweet potato to make this a heartier side dish!
I love the flavor the rosemary adds to this and you can add other herbs like thyme and parsley if you have some to use up. Since I love texture, the pecans are the perfect addition to finish these roasted veggies off before serving them!
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/3-inch thick
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add the carrots and Brussels sprouts into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and salt on top and toss to coat. Transfer the veggies onto a large non-stick baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Roast for about 25 minutes until tender, tossing halfway through. Toss the cooked vegetables with the pecans and Parmesan cheese before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g