Baked Veggie Nuggets
I resolve in 2018 to continue to work my butt off to convince my 3-year old that veggies rock. I mean, seriously, I sit there and wonder almost daily how the heck this kid is still alive. She barely eats anything, yet she somehow keeps growing? I’ve had a number of people assure me that she will eat someday, but until then, I’m going to keep making these baked veggie nuggets.
I love these little guys so much! I made these with kiddos in mind, but I found myself wolfing them down too! First, they are loaded with fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots! I add some cheddar cheese for good measure because cheese makes everything better! These are so simple to make too. All you need is a food processor and your oven. I use raw vegetables in this. Once you finely chop them up in the food processor and mix them with everything else, they cook in the oven. If you’d rather though, you can always steam them a bit first. I prefer to dip them in some ranch dressing, but ketchup is also a great option.
Another great thing about these nuggets? They freeze beautifully which means you can make them in bigger batches and freeze for quick meals or after-school snacks when needed. These veggie nuggets are the perfect way to work in some veggies for your kids or even yourself!
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to a food processor and pulse until the veggies are finely chopped (some larger chunks are okay).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is well-combined. Alternatively, you can mix everything together in a bowl after chopping the veggies if you prefer. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Using a fork, gently press each nugget down to flatten slightly.
- Bake the nuggets for about 15 minutes. Flip them over and continue baking another 5-10 minutes until golden. Serve with ranch dressing or ketchup for dipping.
Serving Size:3 nuggets
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 780mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 14g
Looking for more veggie recipes? Try these homemade Veggie Burgers!