Baked Oatmeal Cups
I’ve been all about meal prepping lately. Things at work have been a little busy and I’ve been in a rush to get out the door every morning. And whenever that happens, I end up leaving without breakfast or lunch because it seems faster to just buy it. Or with later days at the lab, I find myself needing a little snack in the afternoons.
Now I can take my oatmeal on-the-go with these Baked Oatmeal Cups! I love these for breakfast, sure, but they also make a great snack! They are packed with fiber and protein, antioxidants from the blueberries, and some healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil. I stuffed my oatmeal cups with fresh blueberries and chopped walnuts, but you can really customize these however you want with different fruits (fresh or dried), nuts, add ins like chia seeds and flax, it’s totally up to you!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (any will do)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or sliced almonds)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries (can also used dried fruits)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with liners. Set aside. Combine the oats, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and the chia seeds.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, milk, and egg. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Gently fold in the walnuts and blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly amongst 8 muffin cavities. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden. Let cool for about 2o minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen and remove each oatmeal cup.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 186mg Carbohydrates: 25g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g
Want more great oatmeal recipes? Check these out!