Baked Apple & Brie Pastry Tarts
Somehow the fall season is just flying by and it’s time to start Thanksgiving planning! As much as I love Thanksgiving dinner, I also like to mix up some other brunch-y recipes you can make earlier in the day or for any holiday gathering! These Baked Apple & Brie Pastry Tarts could not be easier! They smell so good while baking and best of all, are absolutely scrumptious!
Starting out with some frozen puff pastry dough, all you need to do is defrost it, arrange with thin slices of brie and slices of apple, a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top, and bake! These tarts are great for brunch or as an appetizer.
I like them warm so the brie is melty, but they are also good even at room temperature!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- The tarts are best served the same day. You can reheat leftovers and they will still be good, however, the puff pastry loses its crispier outside after the first day.
- I sprinkle a little bit of sugar on top of these. I don’t find them to be sweet, but you can skip the sugar if desired. I also do a sprinkle of cinnamon!
- I like to use honeycrisp or gala apples for recipes such as this one, but any apple can work in this recipe!
- You can peel the apples if you do not like the skin, but I personally like the addition of color it adds.
- Try to arrange the brie slices into the middle of the puff pastry square, leaving some space around. Some of the brie may still melt off, but this will contain most of it as pictured.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 6 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 honeycrisp apples, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out (unfold) the pastry sheet. Cut into 6 even rectangles. Place each rectangle onto the baking sheet.
- Layer 2-3 slices of thinly sliced brie into the middle, followed by about 4 thin slices of the apple in a fan shape (see photos).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of each tart.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Serve warm. Store leftovers in fridge.
Serving Size:1 tart
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 8g