No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecakes
Oh Lordy, no-bake gingerbread cheesecakes. Where have you been all my life? At this rate, I’m thinking I should write a no-bake cheesecake cookbook because I can’t be stopped from making these cute little treats. And I also love that these are in individual sizes for portion control because me + cheesecake is not a good combination!
While I still think my Bailey’s cheesecakes are my absolute favorite (again, it’s the chocolate thing…), this gingerbread version is a very close second. I admitted to you guys last year that I’m not a big peppermint fan unless it’s in a tube of toothpaste or a breath mint. It’s okay in small doses, but I would take gingerbread over peppermint any day.
Like previous versions, they are super simple to make. I used crushed gingersnap cookies for the crust and added molasses and spices to the cream cheese so you definitely get lots of gingerbread flavor! Top them with a dollop of whipped cream and stick a little gingerbread dude on top and you’ve got yourselves the best holiday dessert!
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce tub whipped topping, thawed
- 2-3 tablespoons molasses (can adjust for desired flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Optional toppings: additional whipped topping, whipped cream, sprinkles, gingerbread cookies
- Divide the gingersnap crumbs evenly amongst individual serving bowls or ramekins and press down to make a crust. Drizzle some of the butter over the crumbs in each dish. Place the bowls in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, whipped topping, molasses, spices, and the powdered sugar until well-combined.
- Remove the bowls from the freezer. Pipe or spoon the filling into each bowl. Add additional whipped topping and other desired toppings. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving (overnight is best).