Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
One of my most favorite foods to eat during summer is potato and pasta salads. I’ve told you guys before though that I am incredibly picky when it comes to potato salad though. If it’s drowning in mayo? Nope. If the potatoes are diced really small and mushy? Also nope! I feel like a lot of of the store-bought potato salads break my rules so I usually prefer to just make it myself. And today’s version might just be my new favorite potato salad yet: Bacon Ranch Potato salad!
What’s not to love? Bacon? Goooood. Ranch? SO Gooood. I mean, who DOESN’T like bacon and ranch? They are meant to be! First, cook up some bacon. I like to cook mine on the stove so it gets nice and crispy, but the microwave works fine too if that is easier. Then you will boil your potatoes until they are just fork tender (no mushy potatoes here). For the dressing, I mixed up a little bit of mayo, sour cream, and ranch dressing seasoning. So super simple! I also mixed in a good amount of sliced green onion and fresh corn that I shaved right off the cobb. If you want to boil or grill your corn first, go ahead, but I love the texture of fresh corn! This potato salad is made for summer and for parties!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning (package or homemade)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2/3 cup corn (fresh or canned)
- 4-5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot covered with water. Heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until just fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, and ranch seasoning. Set aside.
- Add the drained potatoes to a bowl with the green onion, corn, and bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir gently to avoid breaking up the potatoes until the potatoes are coated in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3.7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 889mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 2g