Apple Pumpkin Fruit Leather
How is it already November? Having to deal with house hunting and moving this fall has robbed me from fully enjoying my favorite time of the year! I made this Apple Pumpkin Fruit Leather a while back and almost forgot that I still needed to post it. What’s not to love here? Apple and pumpkin puree, some cinnamon, and honey to sweeten are all you need.
I really like making fruit leather. Healthy fruit roll-ups are incredibly easy to make. You just need your fruit(s) of choice and a sweetener and that’s it. Oh, these couple of ingredients and time. Fruit leather requires a good chunk of hours in the oven to dry up so this is definitely a good weekend recipe to make when you are home for the day!
These roll-ups have all the flavors of fall in one healthy snack you can feel good about giving to your kiddos (and heck, adults too, these are delish)!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions:
- I like to use fresh apples for this recipe, however, you can take a shortcut by using unsweetened applesauce instead. Basically, you want 1 cup of applesauce (puree) so whether you boil your own apples or use jarred, it doesn’t really matter! Also related – the size of the apples you use will yield different amounts of puree. I use 2-3 honeycrisp apples, which can vary in size.
- Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Feel free to adjust the spices and/or sweetener. You can use honey or maple syrup. I don’t like to use too much more than what’s in the recipe as too much can make the fruit leather stickier.
- Do be sure to take the time to spread the mixture out as evenly as possible. If it’s uneven, you will get uneven baking. The edges will likely dry first leaving the middle for last.
- You want to be able to touch the mixture without it really sticking to your finger. For me this is somewhere between 4-5 hours so keep a close eye once you get to the end to avoid burning the edges.
Serving Size: 1/10th
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g