Apple Ginger Fizz
We went to an apple farm this weekend and it totally brought me back to my childhood in Ohio. I yearn for that crisp fall weather and fondly remember going to apple butter festivals and just loving it. I mean, how could you not? While I wish it was a bit colder, we had a great time visiting the orchards and eating some yummy apple treats!
This weekend got me craving all things apple so I mixed up this super crisp and refreshing fall drink, the Apple Ginger Fizz! One of the great things about this drink is that you can make it with or without alcohol which makes it perfect for all your fall and holiday parties as you can mix up a batch for the adults and the kids. Obviously, just make sure you know which is which! This recipe is really flexible.
I used ginger beer (which is non-alcoholic if you didn’t know), but you can also use ginger ale. I also used regular apple cider, but if you prefer a richer spiced cider, that works well too! The recipe is for one drink, but you can easily make it in a pitcher if you want to make it ahead of time and save time.
- 1/4 apple, chopped (plus wedges for garnish)
- 3 ounces apple cider (regular or spiced)
- 4 ounces ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- 1-2 ounces bourbon or dark rum (optional)
- Fill a glass with ice and the chopped apple and set aside. In a cocktail shaker, pour in the cider, ginger beer, and alcohol (if using) and shake to combine. Pour over the ice and garnish with a slice of apple. Serve.
Serving Size:1 drink (without alcohol)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108 Total Fat: 1g Sodium: 11mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 1g